Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Octuplet Mom has NOTHING on me!

"What? What did you say Ms. Vetinarian? I have to wean my eight 2-week-old puppies?" GULP! I squared my shoulders, "Okay, if that is what we have to do."


I wish I had taken pictures of the maiden nursery bank! Everyone was there to help
J.J., Marlo, Shar, Chauncy, Steven, Cim, and Scott and I.
The puppies had to learn how to drink from baby bottles.
Finally, they all got some down, but I do believe that there was more was
on our shirts and pants.
There is a ray of light behind that dark cloud.
While we were at the vets, and Sadie was getting hydrated intraveinously (it took about 4 hours), our other momma dog crawled in with the puppies and let them cuddle up and suck on her. I asked the vet when I went to pick up Sadie if there was anything we could give the surragate mom to bring her milk. She gave me something that they have used successfully on horses, so we'll see. In the meantime, we have to bottle feed them.































9 comments:

Patrice said...

Oh thank heavens for lots of helping hands. It looks like Shar is getting some practice for her new one . . . when is she due again?

Summers Family said...

The puppies are cute! Have fun feeding all of them!

Marilyn said...

Wow-but you didn't say what happened to the momma.

Lisa said...

Bless your hearts!!! Good luck!

Allyson said...

oh, I love little puppies! We had to do that once when I was growing up! Hope the mommy gets well!

Lori said...

Oh my looks like a lot of work! You are awesome! I miss you!

linda crandall said...

Awh very cute...good thing you have lots of family to help :)

Larissa said...

Wow! I am sure the kids were loving it!! Hope your having fun with your new grandbaby, can't wait to see her!

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

Yikes! They are dang cute though!

When are you gonna come see me!? :-)