Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Gila Valley Arizona Temple

We had the most wonderful experience this weekend--ground breaking for our own temple. It's only two minutes from my house. How is that for being blessed? It was such a spiritual experience to be there. I absolutely loved every minute. We dressed warm, and inspite of early weather reports that said it was going to rain, it was perfect weather. (I'm sure it was because of a lot of prayers.) The general authorities were Elder Wilford W. Anderson of the Seventy and Elder Neil L. Ander son of the Presidency of the Seventy. The spirit there was very strong. There is no better feeling. I love the gospel and my Heavenly Father. We in the Gila Valley are so blessed to be getting a temple. I am soooooo excited. Here are some pics of the program with a pic of the temple. They didn't scan as well as I wanted, but you can get an idea.
I even got to turn some dirt!
After it was over, Scott, his parents, J.J. and Marlo and I got to cook steaks and bisquits for the dignitaries. That was an honor, too.

10 comments:

Patrice said...

How wonderful! We considered coming down but didn't want to add it to our crazy schedule with Jr. Miss the same day. I am so glad you went, and that the temple will be so close to you. Can we stay at your home sometime and go to the temple?

Joyce A said...

We would love it!!

linda crandall said...

Oh what an Awesome experience! Wish I could have been there :)

Lisa said...

what a special experience! I am so excited for you! The new one here is only two minutes from my house, I can't wait for them to get started on it! :)

kristie said...

Wow! That is great! We just went to the Draper temple open house. The spirit was so strong there.

Larissa said...

how exciting. I'm glad you were able to be a part of such a special day!

Marilyn said...

Wonderful! We were thinking of coming too but we thought maybe there would be so many people it wouldn't be worth it. We are definitely planning a trip with the kids to the open house.

Kassi Jane said...

that is so cool that it is only 2 minuets away!

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

How amazing! We are only 2 minutes from our temple too. It has been nice to go often. No excuses huh?

Lori said...

Very cool Aunt Joyce...I am sure you are all excited to have a temple so close! Sure do miss you! Are you coming up at all for Spring Break? Let's do dinner or a movie if so!