Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our Black driver turns WHITE with fear!


OMG(Oh My Gosh)!!! Do you remember the tunnel on the Superior Mountains? You know the one-- where as kids we held our breath from one end to the other. How about coming through that tunnel with 80,000 pounds at least 70 miles per hour and NO BRAKES!! That's when our black driver turned white! The good Lord was with him because he said he was praying like crazy. This is what it looked like when the truck finally stopped.
Thanks heavens for:













After hours of waiting and calling several towing businesses and waiting some more finally:











Looking things over, deciding the best way to proceed.







Scott getting in the action, tow truck driver too slow! Jodi even got into action and helped pull the cable. The tow driver said to her,"Wow, you're not afraid of manual labor." He even flirted a little, but he had no teeth. YUCK!


INCH by INCH the tow truck pulled it back! UNTIL......
the cable broke!

Hours later they finally got it fixed!!









Inch by inch---inch by inch we pulled and pulled!









FINALLY-we're almost back to the pavement!











YEAH!!!










But all the while, what was I doing? I AM afraid of MANUAL LABOR!

One of my students gave me a book to read, so I'm taking advantage of quiet time that I rarely get to read!!

4 comments:

Kassi Jane said...

SCARY!

linda crandall said...

Wow!! I am glad that those turn offs really work! Next time I try to hold my breathe through that tunnel I will remember your driver holding his breathe!

Lori said...

Oh my, so glad no one was hurt! Glad you found someone to help. Just where you wanted to spend you day off I'm sure.

That rode always gives me that exact fear of my brakes going out. Glad it has never happened to me. Happy your driver and truck are okay!

Lisa said...

Oh my heck!! How scary. I am glad it turned out ok.